Mac Smart

A promotion email informed me that Apple released Macbook with the latest configuration, a month after I bought a Macbook. It sounds a pity that my Macbook becomes out of fashion. Yet my Macbook still works very well and fits my usage.



Design: Definitely eye-catching. The sharply white color and the round corners completely match my sitting room style. The keyboard is comfortable to press as well. Both the power adapter and the cover have magnetic attraction so that there is less mechanical damage.

Hardware: 2.2GHz Intel Core2 Duo CPU is fast enough to run two OSs but 1GB memory is just enough for me. Fortunately Apple allows users to purchase typical notebook memory of other brands. Overall speaking I can boot it up around 20 seconds and shut it down by 10 seconds.

Software: Safari is not outstanding. It crashes sometimes. I prefer to use Mozilla Firefox. iLife sounds interesting. I am impressed by iPhoto which can produce Photo Books, Photo Calenders and Photo Cards. iWork is economic but is not totally compatible with Microsoft Office.

Front Row: It is fantastic with Apple Remote to view DVD through Macbook (certainly with TV together). However it only supports the videos of DVD (even not VCD) and iTunes. It will be more wonderful if it allows to play video files in other folders by other video players such as VLC.

VMware Fusion: Microsoft Windows is so dominant that we can't escape from. Virtualization is an option for Mac to run Windows. VMware Fusion is the great software of virtualization. You can show Windows in Full Screen or choose Unity Mode so that Windows Applications show in Mac environment (this mode is suitable for MSN).

I am just a Mac newbie. There are a lot of things for me to explore. Enjoy the Mac and share your Mac experience together.

Comments

emmous said…
Similar destiny!
I bought a macbook last Dec. and now it became an old fashion item.
Anyway, there is a good(??) news for old users. The new models consume more energy so the battery time is slighter shorter.

Hope that you enjoy mac stuffs, Teki.
Teki Chan said…
Welcome to join Mac Family, Yosub.

Having longer battery life sounds a very good news for notebook users.

Yes, I really enjoy Macbook. I think its design is very human.

Popular posts from this blog

Event: Developer Productivity Engineering: What's in it for me?

Mark Six Analyst

Ethical Hacking 101